'It's Over!'Curtains down on an illustrious career



“It’s over. I’ve bowled my final ball. Taken my final wicket. Today I announce my retirement from all forms of cricket,” writes former Australian pace bowler, Mitchell Johnson. Another era comes to an end. In Perth Now, he wrote that due to exasperating back issues he had to draw curtains on a wonderful career.
On 10th Novemeber 2007, Johnson made his test debut in Australian cricket against Sri Lanka. Johnson was in KKR team for Indian premiere league in January 2018. 
He had retired from the international game in 2015 but had since played in Australia's Big Bash and the Indian Premier League.
Johnson said he "had hoped to continue playing in various Twenty20 competitions around the world" but decided "it was time to move on" after struggling with back problems."My body is starting to shut down."
Johnson expressed his gratitude to Perth Scorchers, the Western Australian Cricket Association, and all of his fans for everything they had done for him.
I will never forget the atmosphere at the WACA Ground or the smiling faces of the kids.”
To read his letter, click on the link below
" Why I’m retiring from all levels of cricket "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

India will make it to record books, If they win this U-19 World Cup !!

India win Blind World Cup 2018, beat Pakistan by 2 wickets to retain title

India Lifts U-19 World Cup Trophy after trashing Australia under guidance of "The Wall'